Accessible self-catering holiday cottage in Northumberland
Situated at Bingfield near Hexham Northumberland
Access Statement For The Hytte
- Large print brochures and accessible website, text phone, fax and e-mail available.
- Extensive local information is available with details of accessible places to visit, restaurants, local shops, amenities and services.
- Local electric wheelchair/mobility scooter hire (see details under local equipment hire companies below).
- Groceries can be pre ordered from ASDA, Waitrose and Tesco's online.
- Tea, coffee, milk, biscuits and a basket of homegrown free range eggs on arrival.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Guests personally met on arrival, assistance available, and familiarization tour.
- Parking next to front door for up to four cars, well lit level paving with wide ramped or stepped access with handrails on both sides.
Ramp gradient 1:12 front door and 1:14 patio doors.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Main entrance, door width 860mm, vertical handle, push opening, hinged door.
- Patio door width 900mm, vertical handle. Sliding doors, flush thresh.
- Ground floor level throughout; with open plan living/dining/kitchen area provides space for wheel chairs to manoeuvre. Relax in our electric rise and recline chair. Flooring is wooden throughout, with rugs, which can be, removed.
- Where possible all windows have been lowered.
- Washing machine and drying facilities available in the Hytte
- Hot-tub is accessible via 2 steps or mobile hoist (supplied)
- Sauna not wheelchair accessible (however more agile wheelchair users have accessed the sauna, assistance available)
- Set in over one acre of it own private grounds, most of the gardens and grounds are accessible, wheelchair accessible garden furniture.
- Decked verandah, play field with trampoline, basketball net, badminton and football goal, wildlife area and raised flowerbeds, scented and tactile plants and an avenue of butterfly bushes.
- Level paving right round the house, adequate lighting.
Bedrooms Door widths to all bedrooms 800mm.
Bedroom 1, standard twin bedroom suitable for wheelchair users (level M3 Independent) provides 1200mm turning space and unobstructed transfer space to bed on left or right side of 900mm.
Bedroom 2, offers the choice of twin or king size electric beds 22" or 560mm high (suitable for a wheelchair user as a twin) provides 1500mm turning space and room for carer or mobile hoist, with clear left or right transfer space, suitable for persons up to 20 stone).
Bedroom 3, standard twin bedroom suitable for wheelchair users (level M3 Independent) provides 1200mm turning space and unobstructed transfer space to bed on left or right side of 900mm.
Bedroom 4, (larger) twin room has height adjustable profiling beds, (suitable for persons up to 25 stones) 1500mm turning space, with clear left or right transfer space and room for carers or mobile hoist. TV/DVD.
- 4" leg raisers available and can be fitted to any bed.
- Mobile electric hoist available (suitable for persons up to 21 stone - 130kg).
- Beds are supplied with duvets and two pillows per person (non allergenic) extra pillows and blankets available.
- Bedrooms are furnished with wardrobes that have adjustable hanging and shelf space. Vanity shelf and chair with rigid arms.
- Commode, over bed table and V shaped support pillow available.
Shower-room & WC - door width 800mm
- Accessible level entry shower room, with shower chair and self-propelled shower wheelchair/commode (can be used over the toilet and suitable for persons up to 25 stone) 1500mm turning space, adequate room for carer or mobile hoist, support rails, thermostatically controlled shower with level controls and adjustable shower head height.
- Raised toilet at 490mm high right and left hand transfer, touch button flush. Vertical rails available on both sides.
- Lowered hand basin 740mm with lever taps and clear under space and vertical support rails on both sides.
- Shower room adjacent to bedrooms.
- Shower over bath, basin and toilet. Non slip mat available.
- Work surfaces are standard height; sink has clear under space for wheelchair access.
- Hob with accessible controls, and work surface have been lowered at 850mm : accessible cupboard space at various heights to suit all needs some with carousel shelving.
- Oven base 750mm above floor, side opening door, accessible controls
- Dining area - Leg raisers available for dining table.
Grounds and Gardens
- Set in over one acre of it own private grounds, most of the gardens and grounds are wheelchair accessible, wheelchair accessible garden furniture.
- Decked verandah, play field with trampoline, basketball net, badminton and football goal, wildlife area and raised flowerbeds, scented and tactile plants.
- Arrangements for disposal of clinical waste
- Sonja and Simon Gregory
- Telephone: 01434 672321 07977 41 6667
- Fax: 01434 672321
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.thehytte.com
- Tynedale Care Ltd (provide local carers to assist with personal needs and have been used by our guests who have been extremely satisfied with service)
Unit 1 Burnhaugh Estate
Tel 01434 608503
Local equipment hire companies:
- Huntleigh specialist hoist hire 0191 5361291
- Bewick Mobility, local electric wheelchair and mobility scooter repairs and hire. 08702413371.
- Information for accessible taxi's provided.
- We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please contact us www.thehytte.com.
Updated October 2014.